Who we are:
The Mercy Kids is a collaborative effort between Christians from Nicaragua and the United States that:
- provides hope and support for children with disabilities and their families
- and spreads the love of Christ.
Founded in 2012, "Un Corazon Para Amor" (A Heart for Love) began meeting the needs of families affected by disability. Pastors Carlos Baez and Pastor Abel Duarte oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization. Their team consists of a group of young adults that spent their childhood in a city dump until rescued by Pastor Carlos. As a family, they have set out to do great things. Aside from running the daily household the team:
- provides nutritional support to children with disabilities and their families
- teaches sewing and facilitates the sale of fair trade products
- operates a 25-acre organic farm.
In the United States
A group of Christians from across the country works to provide financial and spiritual support for the work of Pastor Carlos and the young leaders he has raised up. This part of the collective focuses on:
- selling fair trade products
- gathering medical supplies, therapists and help to build community for Mercy families
- providing encouragement for the Nicaraguan team
- inspiring awareness
- raising financial support for the different aspects of the ministry.